Happy Monday Everyone, If you have a hard feeling about monday, think of it as Friday and count on hours left for your weekend.
Leadership : There is no clear definition to be a leader, but a certain quality and taking the right decision at the right moment, and taking it forward boldly and making it successful is a leader quality. Also the one that supports the co ordinates and helps them to achieve their goals, I can say more, it depends on the situation where we can point out how a leader should be. But we all have got good leaders? in terms of, our country’s leader or the leader in our job? Think about it, and you will come up with answers, which are our expected qualities for a good leader.
I have been in this corporate ladder journey for like 11 years, I have noticed leaders of different types. That doesn’t make me an expert in this content, but I do know that some leaders are are not just leaders, they are amazing personalities. And some leaders are toxic. Let me share the best and worst qualities of both category I have observed in my 11 years journey. I have worked under both category and I have handled this people somehow, thanks to my bad sense of humour and the my attitude towards their acts. Here we go,
- Being a guide for better life and career
- Answers for all problems
- Pre planning tasks, and also managing the emergency tasks without extending
- Work life balance – they will be an inspiration for others in maintaining work life balance
- Positivity – the constant motivation and moral support
- Truth – they’ll be straight forward, but when pointing out mistakes they’ll also teach you how to overcome it
- Highly knowledged about the process and they’ll do what is right or at least we believe they are right
The Toxic Ones
- Micro management, one of the most toxic leaders, they not only damages the name of the company, they make people a puppet
- Abusers, verbally harrass people and touch their ego
- Workaholic, they expect all to stay overnight, everyday and imagine the employee that works 14 hours a day
- Autocratic, not bothered about others opinions
- Unrealistic expectations and treats employees like shit
I can write more about them, but that is not my point.
Every human being has a purpose, the purpose of living happily and peacefully. This job and their 9 hours shift all this were created with a reason. 9 hours of work, 2 hours of commuting, 3 hours with family, 2 hours for self care, and 8 hours of peaceful sleep. Every one works for a peaceful sleep, and a 3 hour happy time and 2 hour self care. Majority of population lives this 13 hour life. Their 11 hours of work and commute is to eat healthy and live happily.
But a poor leadership can spoil their happy time. Indian companies sadly treats all their employees same, majority of the workers does not work for 9 hours, they work more than 9 hours and not getting paid. All this happens because of poor leaders.
I am not blaming the entire working population suffers, I am blaming the majority of population that suffers because of poor leadership. And I have seen people that works for same company for many years on same designation and still treated as SHIT!
Dear Leaders, Treat your employees like a human, and let them live their 13 hours life happily, the more an employee is happy the more productive he is.
If you think I have badly affected by this, yes, my coworkers are affected, and I DO NOT work more than 9 hours, sometime an hour at home with my laptop as an exception, an extended support. I manage my work life balance and will suggest my team to follow the same. I want to be an inspiring leader, not the one to be forbidden or forgotten.
So my dear reader, if you are a Leader, and If you treat your employees like shit, Read this again.
Thanks for reading!
Do follow me @ Instagram don’t forget to comment your thoughts on my posts 😉