November 28, 2022, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story using the saying, “not my monkeys, not my circus”. What is the situation that would spawn that aphorism? Have fun with setting and characters! Go where the prompt leads!
- Submit by December 3, 2022. Please use the form if you want to be published in the weekly collection. The Collection publishes on the Wednesday following the next Challenge. Rules & Guidelines. Stories must be 99-words.
- Carrot Ranch only accepts stories through the form below. Accepted stories will be published in a weekly collection. Writers retain all copyrights.
- Your blog or social media link will be included in your title when the Collection publishes.
- Please include your byline which is the name or persona you attribute to your writing.
- Please include the hashtag #99WordStories when sharing either the Challenge or Collection posts on social media.
An exorcist catches twin elderly ghosts together
Hey! He is talking to us..
My goodness, Human. Why? Us?
I’m going to save this family from you evil spirits.
Not my monkeys, not my circus.
Wait, is that Polish ?
Yep. Are you married human?
Now tell me who makes more trouble? Parents? Wife? Kids?
There you go. Find them, not Us. (Disappeared)
We have kid spirits?
Yes, that was me.
Come on! 90 years in same house, boring!!
Let’s haunt the exorcist, I’ll do the exorcism..