November 7, 2022, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less), write a story that includes something squeaky. What is squeaky and why? How does it move the story or disrupt a character? Listen, write, and go where the prompt leads!
- Submit by November 12, 2022. Please use the form if you want to be published in the weekly collection. The Collection publishes on the Wednesday following the next Challenge. Rules & Guidelines. Stories must be 99-words.
- Carrot Ranch only accepts stories through the form below. Accepted stories will be published in a weekly collection. Writers retain all copyrights.
- Your blog or social media link will be included in your title when the Collection publishes.
- Please include your byline which is the name or persona you attribute to your writing.
- Please include the hashtag #99WordStories when sharing either the Challenge or Collection posts on social media.
Squeaky Little Alien Tale
Abandoned Squeaky Alien toy found by a Hippie, he closes his eyes and it communicated to him.
Lonely nights at dark
Dogs bite me and bark
Fell in basket for a smile
Lost in 2 days for a while
I tried, but lost, no tears to cry
just feelings inside a toy
Thought Larry is my bestie
Last seen Larry on west Field
Before he lost control
and hit the bank of petrol
You should take me before I tell you what he did to lose the control.
Ahhh!!! I see, You has tales to say. I got company….